Suggestion for improved word-passwords

m4rouf
m4rouf
Community Member

I like the 'word' password generator but could you please also add an option to use capital letters at the start of each word and random numbers in-between?

E.g. Miff-6-Rejoice-5-Peking-3-Moiety-0-Regret

A lot of websites require that you use at least 1 number, 1 capital letter, and 1 special character, so the word generator in itself isn't compatible with these sites. The character generator needs to be used instead and the password would look a little more like this:

vh2b,rh6gkHXCjcxzbnqg@JkY8peKp

The word password would be much easier to work. This looks like a simple feature to add in but I know nothing about coding so can't say much. I hope you'd be able to implement this. I know a lot of people might prefer to just have words and dashes but a simple check box option would solve this :).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Suggestion for improved word-passwords

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

Hi @m4rouf,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your suggestion/request! I see that you sent us an email back in April with the same message, and someone from our support team replied to that. To summarize what he said (in case you didn't get his email), we have an open ticket for this in our internal tracker, as other customers have also requested it. That doesn't guarantee it will be added, but we would definitely like to make some improvements to the Password Generator.

For now, keep in mind that you can edit a password in the generator before filling it on a website - so although it doesn't do so automatically, you can add capital letters and/or numbers in order to meet the requirements of the website. I know it's not the same as having a setting to do that for you, but I wanted to mention it in case it helps.

If you need anything else, please let us know. Cheers!

ref: EPV-69336-142
    ref: OPM-3593

• m4rouf
    m4rouf
    Community Member

Oh, so I did send it! I found this suggestion in my notes and wasn't sure why I hadn't deleted the note. I searched the forums for the q and couldn't find it so I thought I hadn't sent it!

Anyway, thank you for the summary - I hope this feature can be added!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You know, I feel like I do the same thing - leave notes to remind myself to do something, forget to delete the note after I've done it, and then later get confused about whether or not I did it. I guess I need to leave notes to remind myself to delete notes! :lol:

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.