Has support for 1PasswordAnywhere been dropped?

Options
spencertaylor
spencertaylor
Community Member
edited June 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Launching 1Password.html from various browsers now just errors with a problem loading encryptionKeys.js

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:anywhere

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hey @spencertaylor,

Welcome to the Forum!

1PasswordAnywhere was a nifty feature we introduced when we were developing 1Password for Mac 3 and the AgileKeychain vault format back in 2009. As of today the successor to the 1PasswordAnywhere is a 1Password Membership which provides the same functionality allowing you to access your 1Password data from any device with a modern web browser without relying on Dropbox or another third-party syncing service. The syncing is now done by our very own 1Password.com.

1Password Memberships are the Future
    I'm afraid there hasn't been any updates or fixes released for 1PasswordAnywhere in a number of years as we've released 1Password for Mac 4, 5 and 6 in the mean time. If you've been updating your other software such as Mac OS X, Dropbox and you browsers it isn't surprising that 1PasswordAnywhere has started to break down as it interacts with these other software packages. A 1Password Membership will not only give you the up to date version of 1Password but you'll also be able to use the modern-day version of 1PasswordAnywhere now known as 1Password.com.

Since you're using 1PasswordAnywhere, I assume you're using 1Password version 3? You can check version of Mac OS X you have and if you have Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer you can upgrade all the way to 1Password for Mac 6.

Once you've confirmed that, you can upgrade by:

1. Running through our guide to upgrade from 1Password for Mac 3 to 6.
    2. Then once you've upgraded to version 6 migrate to a 1Password Membership.

Supporting 1Password for Mac 3
    We still do support our 1Password for Mac 3 customers as much as we can but as the software that 1Password for Mac 3 relies on has moved on in recent years more and more features have stopped working.

Of course I'm also very willing to help you try to get 1PasswordAnywhere to work with your current setup if it is possible. If you could let me know a number of details, I can see whether you should expect to see issues with 1PasswordAnywhere or not:

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.