Upgraded from 1P4 to 1P6 and lost everything — no 1p4_zip backup found — HELP please

dml0sc
dml0sc
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for years. And I regularly receive your newsletter — this means I am in your system. The Firefox extension didn’t work anymore because I was using an older version. I followed the instructions on your website (i.e. "make sure you’re using 1Password 6.7 or later”) and I installed the new version. I don't have a secret key — I hoped I could use the backup function, but that is gone I could not find it in the library. I will need to have my password back and I am willing to downgrade to a previous version.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.05
Sync Type: no sync
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded from 1P4 to 1P6 and lost everything — no 1p4_zip backup found — HELP please

Comments

• dml0sc
    dml0sc
    Community Member

Please help — I have upgraded from 1Password 4 to the 6.7 version. I had purchased 1Password from the Apple Store. The Firefox add-on didn't work anymore and i followed the suggestion on the support website to upgrade to version 6.7. I have not delete 1Password 4 from my mac — I have just downloaded the new version from the Apple store → my passwords are all lost. I can locate the ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/ — but no .1p4_zip contained in a Backups folder is there nor I can find it in com.agilebits.onepassword-osx folder in the library. Thank you for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dml0sc: Unless you or some other software deleted your passwords, they aren't lost.

It sounds like you were using one version of 1Password (AgileBits Store) previously and then installed the other (Mac App Store), so that it isn't finding the data you've been using. Try looking in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/ instead and let me know what you find. :)

• dml0sc
    dml0sc
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you for getting back — I have always used the Apple Store (I was aware that was an issue). But the AS stopped proposing updates for 1P so to solve the issue I thought of searching for the new version in the AP. I did and downloaded a fresh new version of it. I do find now the 1Password 4 folder in the Library (as per path provided above), but only because I have generated a troubleshooting report — in there there is only that report.

• dml0sc
    dml0sc
    Community Member

@brenty by AP I mean AS = Apple Store

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dml0sc,

I see that you've also been in touch with us about this via email and sent us a diagnostics report. To avoid confusion, we'll keep the conversation going directly via email so we don't duplicate efforts between here and there. Thanks! :)

ref: RWK-92223-161

This discussion has been closed.