Two Macs with different primary vaults- replace one with the other to share a common dropbox vault?

toxlab
toxlab
Community Member

When I first set up 1Password on my office and home Macs (standalone version) there was not an option to share vaults via dropbox. Now there is with version 6.7.1, I have created a second vault on the office mac for home passwords and synced both to dropbox. what I would like to do is export the logins etc from my home computer (which I have done by exporting all items as a .1pif file), delete the primary vault of the home computer and then sync it with the primary vault and home vault from my office computer that is synced to dropbox, then import the .1pif file into the home vault. I would appreciate some guidance to do this, as the primary problem I see is replacing the primary vault of the home computer with that of the office that has been synced to dropbox. Any help appreciated!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @toxlab,

Sounds like you've got almost all of the puzzle pieces there. Let's see if I can give you the few missing and get the ordering right.

1. Make sure the work computer is actually syncing both vaults to Dropbox. This is likely done.
    2. On the home computer, export to 1pif as you did.
    3. On the home computer, lock 1Password
    4. On the home computer, use the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data menu item. This will create a backup then clear everything out to treat you like a new user.
    5. Launch 1Password on the home computer
    6. Indicate that you'd like to sync to dropbox and point it to the appropriate home vault on dropbox that you upset on the work computer.
    7. Enter in the password for that vault. You should now have a Primary vault with the items that were you in your home vault on your work computer.
    8. Import from the 1pif file
    9. Delete the 1pif file

That should do it. Let us know how that goes.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.