To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I remove the duplicate entries

Options
Jackl73
Jackl73
Community Member

I have just opened a 1Password account after having 1PW on my macs iPhone and ipads as I wanted to simplify the the synching - couldn't get my iPad professional to synch. All devices have latest version of the OS on them, but I have managed somehow to have dupliced 1PW entries on the macbook pro. My questions are:

• how do I get rid of the duplicates which I think I must do before I try and synch with the other devices?
  • what do I do about the other devices - iPhone, ipads, etc.?

1Password Version: 6.71
Extension Version: nk
OS Version: 0s10.12.5
Sync Type: icloud but trying to move to 1PW a/c

Comments

• Frank
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @Jackl73 - It's great to hear you're giving a 1Password membership a test drive :smile: I'll be happy to address your questions :smile:

how do I get rid of the duplicates which I think I must do before I try and synch with the other devices?

If you migrated all your existing 1Password data to your new shiny Personal/Private vault, you can delete your Primary vault which is most likely why you currently experiencing duplicated items under the All Vaults view.

what do I do about the other devices - iPhone, ipads, etc.?

You have to sign into your account on your other devices. We take care of all the syncing on our end but you have to make sure your signed into your account in order for this to work properly. Basically going forward you will use your new Personal/Private vault which will replace your current Primary vault. When you add a new item to your Personal/Private vault, as long as your signed into the account, the item will automatically sync across your devices in addition to the web. Make sure to print out your Emergency Kit, you can use the Setup Code listed on your Emergency Kit to setup your other devices with the new 1Password.com account.

I hope this helped. If you have any additional questions or you run into any troubles along the way, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be more than happy to assist you :+1:

• Jackl73
    Jackl73
    Community Member
    Options

Frank,

Okay I have read of the 2nd/duplicate fault, but now I can't sign into my account on other devices? I have my emergency kit – setup code and password, still I cannot signup on these other devices. How do I use the scanning system to automate this? Look forward to hearing from you, Jack

• Jackl73
    Jackl73
    Community Member
    Options

Also does the Emergency Kit no, need to be typed in with the dashes?

• Jackl73
    Jackl73
    Community Member
    Options

Cannot sign into account on oterh devices??? Any suggestions as to what doing wrong? Jack

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jackl73,

You didn't say what happens when you try to sign into your account in the 1Password app on your other devices, but please make sure you're following the steps here: Sign in to your 1Password account on a new device

If you have trouble doing that, please let us know what step isn't working as described, and what happens instead. The more details you can give us, the better! :)

How do I use the scanning system to automate this?

You'll need a copy of your Setup Code, and when you scan it, your sign-in address, email address, and Secret Key will be filled in automatically (you'll need to enter your master password).

If you don't know where to find your Setup Code, this article should help: If you can't find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Also does the Emergency Kit no, need to be typed in with the dashes?

Do you mean the Secret Key? If so, then yes it will need to include the dashes. But that will happen automatically if you scan the Setup Code, or if you copy & paste the Secret Key.

Please let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.