I deleted my old version of 1 Password because it wasn't fully compatible with my MacOS (Yosemite).

sachig
sachig
Community Member

I deleted my old version of 1 Password because it wasn't fully compatible with my MacOS (Yosemite). However, the program is still attempting to back up the database, leaving me with the infamous message "Database Backup Failed The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or more key files may be missing." Sometimes, this message cannot be closed, rendering me unable to see whatever information is on my screen in the window behind it. Where is this annoying pop-up located on my computer and how do I get rid of it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I deleted my old version of 1 Password because it wasn't fully compatible with my Mac OS (Yosemite). However, the program is still attempting to back up the database, leaving me with the infamous message "Database Backup Failed The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or more key files may be missing." Sometimes, this message cannot be closed, rendering me unable to see whatever information is on my screen in the window behind it. Where is this annoying pop-up located on my computer and how do I get rid of it?

Comments

• sachig
    sachig
    Community Member

I deleted my old version of 1 Password because it wasn't fully compatible with my MacOS (Yosemite). However, the program is still attempting to back up the database, leaving me with the infamous message "Database Backup Failed The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or more key files may be missing." Sometimes, this message cannot be closed, rendering me unable to see whatever information is on my screen in the window behind it. Where is this annoying pop-up located on my computer and how do I get rid of it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sachig: Without many details it's hard to say for certain, but from your description it sounds like you actually deleted 1Password's data. Is that the case? The new version will need this as well...and you'll probably not want to lose everything you saved in 1Password. Can you put back the things you deleted, and then simply install the new app without destroying the data? Let me know what you have to work with.

This discussion has been closed.