Auto Sync not working on iPhone 6s

Options
ShaneKeller
ShaneKeller
Community Member

Hello,

My iPad Pro and iPhone 5 auto syncs via WiFi with 1Password on my iMac. Anytime I update something on my iMac it automatically syncs with the iPad Pro and iPhone 5; however, it will not auto sync with my iPhone 6s. They were setup the same but the 1passwors screen looks different on my iPhone 6s, which I can only manually sync.

I have the latest updates for 1Password, iOS, and MacOS on all my devices.

Why the discrepancy?

Thank you,
Shane

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Shane ( @ShaneKeller ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

When you say the screen looks different on the iPhone 6S, could you describe a bit what that means? Or even better, if there is no sensitive information on the screen, could you please post a screenshot of each (one that looks "normal" and one that looks "different")?

You can learn how to take a screenshot on iOS here:
    https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ios.html

And you can use this button when posting your reply here to attach them:

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• ShaneKeller
    ShaneKeller
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben (@Ben),

I took screenshots from my iPhone 5s (which is the same on my iPad Pro) & my iPhone 6s.

1. iPhone 5s: Goes directly to "Primary WLAN" on the first screen. *This phone auto syncs over wi-fi.

1. iPhone 6s: Asks to "Set Up Syncing" on the first screen. *requires manually syncing every time.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
    Shane

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2017
    Options

Shane,

Hmm. I'd suggest reinstalling 1Password on the iPhone 6S, and setting up syncing fresh. It may be that something has gotten into an odd state where your sync settings are not being remembered. If that is the case a reinstall should fix it.

If you have any data on this device that is not on the rest please sync it first before reinstalling, as reinstalling will remove all of the 1Password data from the iPhone 6S.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

P.S. Thanks so much for all of the screenshots! That really helped me understand what you were describing. :)

Ben

• ShaneKeller
    ShaneKeller
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thank you!

I backed-up the 1Password APP and deleted it from my iPhone 6s. After re-installing and setting up the new sync - it worked.

It is now auto syncing over WLAN. :)

Thank you again,

Shane

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update Shane. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.