cant export keychain password

fabien
fabien
Community Member

my login password in keychain access are grey out si I cant import anything with your script...

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: keychain

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fabien,

It sounds like you're trying to export your data from Keychain Access so you can use MrC's data converter in order to import it into 1Password, as described here: MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility

@MrC will likely be able to help you with that, so I've pinged him to make sure he sees your message. In the meantime, can you confirm that you've unlocked your keychain in the Keychain Access app? You should see a padlock icon in the top left corner of that app, and that will show whether the keychain is locked or unlocked.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @fabien ,

If you are trying to export your OS X keychain items (to convert them), you won't be using Keychain Access itself. You'll be using an OS X command line utility called security, and the README.pdf instructions tell you how to do it.

Please let us know if @Drew_AG is correct, that you are trying to export your Keychain items so that you can import them into 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.