To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

can someone assist me in changing from a personal to a family account?

Options
tprutisto
tprutisto
Community Member

I have a personal account and the free trial is ending in a few days. I would like to change it to a family account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change to family account

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tprutisto,

I'd be happy to help you with that.

When you sign into your account at My.1Password.com you should see your name in the upper right hand corner. This is a menu. Clicking on it will drop down a number of options, including "Invite People." Using this feature will allow you to upgrade to a 1Password Families membership.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• tprutisto
    tprutisto
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I don't have that option listed. I signed up for the app in the app store. Is there another way?

• Frank
    Options

Hi tprutisto - Let's get this squared away for you :smile: In order to better assist you with converting the account over, I just sent you an email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance, reply back to me so we can continue the conversation over there. Keep me posted and I look forward to working with you.

ref: NRN-35785-221

• SailorRipley
    SailorRipley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank, I've got the exact same question, but, I've had 1P on my iPhone for some time, but didn't use it. I reinstalled and logged in with my family account. Well, that's not the same account as the one I've built on my PC. Do you mind sending me the email re: account conversion?

• Frank
    Options

Hi SailorRipley - I'm here to help :smile: Since we will be discussing specifics relating to your account, let's continue the conversation via email. At your convenience, reply back to the email I sent over so we can get this squared away for you :+1: I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

ref: UFM-25794-618

• tanvimehta
    tanvimehta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, I have a same question. My husband and I both have One Password on our computers and phones etc. since a long time. We both have our own versions. We'd like to switch on family sharing now. How can we do that?

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tanvimehta! If both yourself and your husband have your own standalone licences, then the best way would be for one of you to go ahead and register a 1Password Families account (https://1password.com/families/), and then invite the other person to join the account as a member. You can then both migrate your data into the account (main devices first, and then clean up your phones and other devices afterwards) - you can find our guide for this here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

I hope that helps! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.