Vault synchronization question

Options
jeff2000
jeff2000
Community Member

Hi. I have perhaps a silly question, but one that I just stumbled on.

I have a Teams account and primarily use 1Password on my Mac. I do have the iOS app as well. I rarely use the iOS app, and when I was making a change to a Vault on my Mac, I suddenly wondered if that password will sync to the iOS even if I do not open it?

For instance the change made to a Vault on the Mac app today, if tommorow I put my iPhone in airplane mode and the open the Vault, will the password change be there? I guess I could have just asked if the iOS app does background sync when its closed?

Also, this is a wonderful tool!! Everyone on my team loves it!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jeff2000,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I honestly wasn't 100% sure of the answer here, so I tested it. I created a new Secure Note on my Mac, waited a bit, and then put my iPhone into AirPlane mode. Then I launched and unlocked 1Password on my iPhone. The note from the Mac did not appear. I turned Wi-Fi back on and almost instantly the note popped up.

So no, it does not appear 1Password does background sync when closed, which is what I suspected was the case. It doesn't sync until you unlock the app while connected to the internet.

Thanks!

Ben

• jeff2000
    jeff2000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thank you for testing that. I suppose I could have tested too :(

• Ben
    Options

Heh, no worries. Just as well that I tested it as now I know for the next time someone asks. :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.