1P version 6.7.1 slow unlock over 1 minute

markc221
markc221
Community Member

After fresh reboot, and 1Password Mini has loaded, Ill open the main client and type in my password. Over a minute later it will finally unlock. I've read some previous threads that this should have been fixed in a recent update but not yet for me.

Please let me know what you need from me and what logs I can provide you.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5 Safari
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Personal my.onepassword.com

Comments

• markc221
    markc221
    Community Member

My version is downloaded from the website, not from App Store.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markc221,

I'm sorry 1Password is taking so long to unlock! You said this happens after a fresh reboot of your Mac, but as a test, can you please try restarting 1Password mini by opening the main 1Password app and going to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. After it restarts, try unlocking it again. Is there still a long delay?

If that doesn't help, can you please let us know a few more details:

• Does the delay happen every time you unlock 1Password, or only sometimes?
    • When did this problem start happening? Did the 6.7.1 update seem to make any difference at all?
    • Does the delay also happen if you unlock it from 1Password mini / browser extension?
    • Once 1Password is unlocked, does it work correctly?
    • Do you have multiple 1Password.com accounts in the 1Password app, or just the one Families account you mentioned?
    • How many vaults are listed in the 1Password app?

Thanks in advance! :)

• markc221
    markc221
    Community Member

@Drew_AG this only seems to happen on the first unlock after a reboot, no matter how long after the computer has rebooted. Doing as you suggested, restarting the mini app and it unlocked after about 5 seconds. I shut down both the main app and mini, and it unlocked after about 8 seconds when it loaded. Once it's loaded, everything works perfectly.

This has been happening for a while but I noticed it's been increasingly longer recently so much so that I figured I'd make a post about :)

I have just 1 vault and just the single Families vault listed.

I never do the unlock from mini or browser extension, but I'm willing to reboot and try if you want me to test that.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @markc221! It sounds like this only happens after rebooting your Mac. If you don't mind rebooting again and then trying to unlock 1Password mini (the icon in your Mac's menu bar), that will help us narrow down the cause of the problem.

After that, there's something else you can try to see if it helps:

1. Open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences.
    2. Click the Watchtower tab and disable the Watchtower feature there.
    3. Hold down the 'control' key and go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the menu bar.
    4. Reboot your Mac again, then try unlocking the main 1Password app.

Is there still a delay when unlocking 1Password this time?

• markc221
    markc221
    Community Member

@Drew_AG I followed the steps, rebooted then used the Mini to unlock. It was pretty much within 3 seconds. I rebooted again, then used the main 1P app and it took about a minute to unlock. I can use the Mini to unlock from now on but there is something weird with the main app causing it to be slow to unlock.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markc221,

Hmm, that's definitely strange. Did you try disabling Watchtower (if it was enabled) like I mentioned?

• markc221
    markc221
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Yes I disabled Watchtower.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @markc221! It sounds like that didn't make a difference?

To help us figure out what's going on, I'd like to ask you to send a diagnostics report from your Mac, with some extra logging options turned on. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open the main 1Password app, then hold down the control key and go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini in the menu bar.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac (Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app) and enter (copy/paste) each of these commands:

defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper OPDatabaseLogTransactionTimes -bool true
    defaults write com.agilebits.onepassword4 LogXPC -bool true
    defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper LogXPC -bool true

1. After entering each of those three commands, launch 1Password again. The next time it takes a long time to unlock, create a diagnostics report from your Mac: Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)
    2. Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com (in the email message, please include a link to this forum thread as well as your forum username so we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox).
    3. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics report and make sure we get back to you as soon as possible.
    4. After sending the diagnostics report, open the Terminal app again and enter (copy/paste) these commands:

defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper OPDatabaseLogTransactionTimes -bool false
    defaults write com.agilebits.onepassword4 LogXPC -bool false
    defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper LogXPC -bool false

When we receive the report, we'll take a look and let you know what we find. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.