1password becomes slow if left open for several hours

ajrfs
ajrfs
Community Member

1password for teams, OS X El Cap, MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 16 vaults, ~ 700 items. Using the main app, not using mini.

When 1password is first launched, all controls and actions are immediately responsive. After a couple hours, the application just slows down and starts to drag for all user input (unlocking, searching, typing into fields, copying usernames/passwords, literally all actions in the apps have a delay of a few seconds before they respond to user input).

Quitting out of the application and re-launching it returns the application to its regular responsiveness. Issue occurs every time the app is launched and left open for 2+ hours. Does not matter what other apps are open at the same time (can be the only app open even, I tried this once). No other apps on system are experiencing performance issues.

Any suggestions or assistance on how to resolve appreciated, although, thankfully, quitting and restarting application provides for a reasonably easy work-around. Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.6.2 (662004) Mac App Store
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: forum-search:Slow

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ajrfs,

I'm sorry the 1Password app keeps slowing down for you! I noticed your using version 6.6.2, but we've released a few updates since then. In late April, the update for version 6.7 included some improvements that I think will likely solve the problem. To install it, launch the Mac App Store and check the Updates section. The 1Password update should be listed there, and you can install it.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• ajrfs
    ajrfs
    Community Member

Upgrading seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad that helped! Hopefully it works well for you from now on, but please let us know if you have any questions or need more help with 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.