Feature request: hotkeys for username, masked/hidden fields, etc.

stejo
stejo
Community Member

The hotkey for copying passwords (cmd-shift-c) is super useful. I'd love to see more hotkey features in the OSX client.

One possible setup:

• cmd-shift-u for username
  • cmd-shift-c for password
  • cmd-shift-1 for first hidden data field (other than pass, e.g. PIN or security answer)
  • cmd-shift-2 for second hidden data field (other than pass)
  • Etc.

Another option would be to allow configurable hotkeys on each field, i.e. the user clicks an "add hotkey" option in the dropdown next to a field. This starts a short workflow to set a hotkey to copy that field.

Interested to hear peoples' thoughts on this!

-Stephen

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4 (16E195)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

Hi @stejo,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your suggestion! I don't believe our developers currently have plans to add keyboard shortcuts to copy other fields, but maybe it's something they'll consider in the future.

If you need to fill those fields in web forms in your browser, the 1Password extension should be able to do that, so you wouldn't need to individually copy/paste each field. Do you often need to copy/paste data from 1Password into non-browser apps on your Mac? If so, in case it helps, you can use ⌥⌘\ (Option-Command-Backslash) to open 1Password mini, navigate to an item, and use ⌘O to keep it open in a floating window. Then click the username, password, PIN, or other field to copy it so you can paste it into the app. The focus will stay in the app where you paste the info, so you won't need to manually switch between that app and the floating window.

Thanks again! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know. :)

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

Speaking of keystrokes, here's a heads up for your High Sierra customers. This is a screenshot of the Apple menu.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that heads-up, @vplewis. We filed an internal issue earlier today to change the keyboard shortcut for Quit 1Password and 1Password mini to something that won't conflict with ⌃⌘Q for Lock Screen in High Sierra. :)

ref: OPM-5097

This discussion has been closed.