Two feature/fixes requests

skennedy789
skennedy789
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Mac

Hi! Just wondering if these were possible:

1) It would be cool is if it would automatically login to a page without me having to manually click “fill.” I know it does already automatically login AFTER you click/hit fill, but it’s still an extra step versus Dashlane.

2) The Chrome plugin and mini menu bar app are hard to use because there is space between the menu items, so it’s hard to center the mouse on each one without losing focus on that menu item. That makes it hard to view nested menu items.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skennedy789,

Thank you for reaching out to us about those things!

1) It would be cool is if it would automatically login to a page without me having to manually click “fill.” I know it does already automatically login AFTER you click/hit fill, but it’s still an extra step versus Dashlane.

For security reasons, 1Password will only fill your data on a website when you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by opening a Login item from the main 1Password app, by selecting the Login item from the 1Password browser extension, or by using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut in the browser). Because sensitive data is involved, 1Password doesn't assume you want to do that automatically, so it leaves the control in your hands.

If it helps, we have more information about the different ways to have 1Password fill your login credentials here: Sign in to sites with 1Password

2) The Chrome plugin and mini menu bar app are hard to use because there is space between the menu items, so it’s hard to center the mouse on each one without losing focus on that menu item. That makes it hard to view nested menu items.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about space between menu items. Would you be able to elaborate on that, or possibly take a screenshot that shows an example? (Just make sure the screenshot doesn't show any personal/private information). Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.