Feature request: option to require Master Password after computer was booted/rebooted.

Ivan_K
Ivan_K
Community Member

Hello.

Currently there is a setting in 1Password to ask for Master Password every hour or every day (or longer periods of time), which is a nice selection of choices, that I am sure covers just well most use cases.

It would be good to know however, that computer is fully protected with maximum security measures after it was shut down.

In my eyes this would make it absolutely safe when it comes to remote possibility of somebody stealing your notebook and 'hacking' the Touch ID in a short period of time as described in this old article.

p.s. an option to require Master Password every 3 hours or at user defined periods of time would pretty much do it for me as well :)

Thank you for listening!

1Password Version: 6.7.1 (671001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ivan_K,

Thanks for asking about that! You should already be able to adjust how often your master password is required instead of Touch ID. In the main 1Password app, go to 1Password > Preferences from the menu bar and click the Security tab to find the Require Master Password setting.

I don't have access to a MacBook with Touch ID right now so I can't verify the exact settings there, but is that what you're looking for?

This discussion has been closed.