Is it possible to change a login's vault from personal to shared in family plan?

vherrin
vherrin
Community Member

Currently, I have created some personal logins that I want to change the vault to shared for the family. Maybe I'm just missing it but I searched around on the app, web and this forum and did not find the answer. I appreciate your help and so far love the product service!

-vince herrin

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 671001
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.5
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:change password vault

Comments

• Hi @vherrin - Thank you for reaching out to us over here. With a 1Password Families account, each member has a Personal & Shared vault. Anything you wish to share with family members can be moved or copied from your Personal vault over to the Shared vault so everyone has access to the data. I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions. We'll be happy to help :smile:

• vherrin
    vherrin
    Community Member

Ah thanks, I see the menu now. It is in an odd place and not apparent in the mac menu system. In the mac app, select a login item->right click to bring up context menu->share->under family section there is an action to copy or move to the context vault. It would be nice to have drag-n-drop functionality of the login to the other vault directly or the menu not buried under share to be more obvious. Share usually has a different meaning in apps and sites and refers to social media.

Keep up the great work!
    -veh

• Frank
    edited June 2017

Hi @vherrin - That's fantastic news and I appreciate the constructive feedback. We're always happy to listen and I appreciate you taking the time to send over a couple of suggestions based on your experience so far :smile: If you run into any questions along the way, feel free to visit us over here anytime. We're always happy to assist. Thank you for the kind words, very much appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.