Problems syncing IMac and Macbook Pro

Options
abelj
abelj
Community Member

The above no longer sync. I followed the online instructions to “et up 1Password to sync with Dropbox”, but am having trouble. When I goto Dropbox Preferences, I get what is shown in the attached screenshot. It does not contain a “Sync” Icon, as shown in the instructions.

Changes made on the iMac do not appear on the MacBook Pro.

I have a Dropbox account. There is no indication that there is any 1Password data there. I already have Alfred data there an am trying to make 1Password and Alfred play nicely there.

I know that your website says that you are no longer providing support for Dropbox other that shown on the website. But since the instructions are not up to date, would you consider updating them?

Finally, If you do not fully support Dropbox integration with 1Password, what providers do you recommend. in todays' world, failure to provide a means of syncing would be a serious problem for many.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abelj,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help, and thank you for including the screenshot - it's very helpful!

In the screenshot, it looks like you're using a 1Password.com account in the 1Password app on that Mac. Therefore, you won't see any Sync settings because you don't need them. The data in your 1Password.com account automatically syncs through our own servers, so there's no need for a third party sync service such as Dropbox. On another device, all you need to do is sign into your account from the 1Password app, and your data will automatically be downloaded there.

If 1Password isn't syncing correctly between your two Macs, you might not be signed into your 1Password.com account on one of them. On each Mac, go to 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Do you see the same account there on both Macs?

• abelj
    abelj
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Drew

Very clear explanation. I was not aware that after changing to 1Password.com, I had to download the 1Password app on my subsequently purchased Macbook Pro. I have done the download, entered the necessary information and all is well and running smoothly. Thanks for quickly fixing my problem

Sunnyhelmsman

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad it's working now! Indeed, the 1Password app needs to be installed on a device in order to use and sync 1Password. (That's also true for those who don't use a 1Password.com account and sync their data via Dropbox, or any other sync option.)

If you have more questions or need anything else, we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.