Failed to validate receipt error in 6.7

Options
stefanbogstedt
stefanbogstedt
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Mac
default 14:37:45.088792 +0200   1Password   Failed to validate receipt Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt -- file:///Applications/1Password.app/, <OPAppStoreReceipt: 0x61800002f0a0, Version = 6.7;
OrigDate = 2013-10-08T10:23:55Z;
OrigVer = 4.0;
BundleIdentifier = com.agilebits.onepassword-osx;
>
default 14:37:45.088824 +0200   1Password   670008 [STORE:(Main Thread):<OPAppStoreReceipt: 0x61800002f0a0, Version = 6.7;
OrigDate = 2013-10-08T10:23:55Z;
OrigVer = 4.0;
BundleIdentifier = com.agilebits.onepassword-osx;

] E verifyWithBundleIdentifier:bundleVersion:guidDataOrNil: | Failed to validate receipt, invalid hash

default 14:37:45.084890 +0200   kernel  SandboxViolation: 1Password(854) deny(1) nvram-get BSD Name
default 14:37:45.489944 +0200   storeassetd ### Receipt is VALID for app (/Applications/1Password.app), checkSignature = 0. Force renewing for exit 173.

I have tried to re-install from AppStore but without success. I always get prompted by AppStore about that this has been purchased on an other computer (an Air) but it is the same account. I get this from several other problem applications and I am thinking this is a problem in rooted in AppStore. Thank heaven I still have a working solution on my iPhone.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Failed to validate receipt

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stefanbogstedt: Indeed, that does sound like a strange App Store issue. It sounds like you may have already made a reasonable attempt to resolve the issue yourself, but I'll just go through a few things that might help just in case:

1. Reinstall the app, taking care to be logged into the correct Apple ID. It sounds like you've tried this already, but I do still want to include that in case it helps anyone else. That's critical to the App Store validating the purchase.
    2. It may be worth removing the affected apps (taking care to backup their data first), signing out of the App Store, restarting the Mac, and then signing back in to reinstall them. Something may have just gotten mixed up there in macOS. Again, if a different Apple ID than the one used for the purchase is involved, it can cause problems.
    3. Contact Apple, as it could be an actual account issue if none of the rest helps. But at the same time, while that may be critical since it's affecting other apps as well, you can always contact us at support@agilebits.com with a copy of your Mac App Store receipt, and we can give you an AgileBits Store license instead. Just post the Support ID you receive here if you do so. Again, that won't solve your problem completely, but we can get you back up and running with 1Password at least.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.