Autofill fields other than username + password

Options

Hey-

I've tried a few different ways at this (recreating the login, manually saving, etc), but i'm having a hard time figuring out how to auto-fill forms that have extra custom fields. My example is aa.com, which has a field for 'Last Name', as well as the 'remember me' checkbox. While I see these elements in the "show web form details" reveal, i can't seem to figure out how to indicate that these should be auto-filled during login.

help! :)

thank you!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.BETA-4 (680004)
Extension Version: BETA 4.6.7.2
OS Version: 10.12.6 Beta
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @imajes,

If you're having an issue filling a particular website, your best course of action it to try creating a new login manually. I just tested this method on https://aa.com and was able to fill all the fields, including the "Remeber Me" checkbox.

Let me know if that works for you and if you have any other websites you're having an issue with.

Cheers,
    Andrew Beyer

• imajes
    imajes
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried a few different ways at this (recreating the login, manually saving, etc),...

So I did try that. I went through the path again, and when I re-create the login after purging the login from 1p entirely (including from trash) it does auto-fill all form elements. Unfortunately, it also autofills other data that exists in that overall form (e.g. travel planning destination/dates/etc... which are undesirable).

editing the item to remove the extra fields disables the autofill other than the user/pass.... so back to square one.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hey @imajes,

In that case, you have a couple options.

You can create a login that will work with Go & Fill:

1. Navigate to this URL: https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

You can also stop 1Password from submitting the form. Then you just need to enter your Last Name before clicking the Log in button:

1. Edit your Login Item
    2. Change the submit dropdown to 'Never Submit'

Now when you fill your Login item, the Username and Password will populate and you just need to enter your Last name and click Log in.

Let me know if that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.