It appears I've lost many items from my iPhone after buying 1password for my mac

Options
randy_wong
randy_wong
Community Member

I had 98 items on my iPhone. After syncing it duplicated many and I had about 144 items. Now I a couple days later, I have only 57 on my iPhone and my Mac. This happened after starting a new account on my MacBook Pro.

I sync to iCloud and it shows on my iPhone that I have 98 items on iCloud but I'm too scared to try to sync again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:It appears I've lost many items from my iPhone after buying 1password for my mac

Comments

• randy_wong
    randy_wong
    Community Member
    Options

Correction, now it shows I have 57 items on my iPhone and MacBook, when I had 98 before I started this adventure, but on the sync page it shows I have 98 items. I just want my 98 back on my devices.

• randy_wong
    randy_wong
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I have this same problem. On my iPhone it shows in my Sync screen I have 98 item but on my list in my iPhone and Mac it shows I only have 58 items. When I sync from iCloud it does change anything.

This and next comment split by AgileBits from: Signed up for a subscription but now like half my passwords are gone?

• randy_wong
    randy_wong
    Community Member
    Options

....doesn't change anything. I am worried that I will lose everything

• randy_wong
    randy_wong
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi I've set up a membership on my Mac but I am having problems with syncing that too. I have put on the forum the problem of it syncing the data and have many duplicates with 144 items a few days ago. Now it shows that I have a lot less data than I started out with. My iPhone shows that I have 58 items when I had 98 previously. Although it shows on my syncing page for iCloud that I have 98. So confusing.

This comment was split by AgileBits from: I cannot get account details from my iPhone or Secret Key or Setup code. There is no Reveal button.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I had 98 items on my iPhone. After syncing it duplicated many and I had about 144 items. Now I a couple days later, I have only 57 on my iPhone and my Mac. This happened after starting a new account on my MacBook Pro.

@randy_wong: It sounds like you may have multiple vaults/accounts in use in some cases which are confusing things for you.

I sync to iCloud and it shows on my iPhone that I have 98 items on iCloud but I'm too scared to try to sync again.

I think it's definitely a good idea not to do anything until we've taken stock of the situation. Then we can come up with a gameplay and get things setup the way you want.

Correction, now it shows I have 57 items on my iPhone and MacBook, when I had 98 before I started this adventure, but on the sync page it shows I have 98 items. I just want my 98 back on my devices.

To be clear, are you actually missing some items in particular, or is it just the count that's throwing you off?

I have this same problem. On my iPhone it shows in my Sync screen I have 98 item but on my list in my iPhone and Mac it shows I only have 58 items. When I sync from iCloud it does change anything.
    ....doesn't change anything. I am worried that I will lose everything

No need to worry. Just backup your data stored in any local vaults. Whatever you have in your 1Password.com account is automatically backed up and can be easily restored if needed.

Hi I've set up a membership on my Mac but I am having problems with syncing that too. I have put on the forum the problem of it syncing the data and have many duplicates with 144 items a few days ago. Now it shows that I have a lot less data than I started out with. My iPhone shows that I have 58 items when I had 98 previously. Although it shows on my syncing page for iCloud that I have 98. So confusing.

It's okay. We'll help you get things sorted out. Let's start with the basics:

1. Are you trying to use 1Password only on your MacBook and iPhone? Just let me know which OS and 1Password versions you have installed there, and if there are other devices you'd like to use 1Password on as well.
    2. Where you do have your data currently? For example, sign in to 1Password.com in your web browser. Are you missing any items there in All Vaults, or do you have everything you're looking for there?
    3. If you don't see all of your items in your 1Password.com account, please check the apps on your devices to see if you have the other data you're looking for in local vaults there:

Select the rainbow All Vaults icon in the upper left and switch to the Primary vault (if present). This is not part of your 1Password.com account, and it sounds like you're syncing this separately with iCloud. What you'll need to do is copy the items there to you 1Password.com account, so they'll be with the rest of your data and available on all of your devices. So just let me know what you have an where, and we'll go from there.

This discussion has been closed.