Vivaldi Browser and 1Password

Hi there

When using Chrome or other browsers 1 password har a neat function that fills and log you in automaticly. Why dont this behaviour work in the new Vivaldi browser. I would very much lik it to do.

It really simplyfies things

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @cybercon67,

Thanks for writing in and sorry about the trouble with 1Password not working with Vivaldi. Before we continue, we would need to know a number of important pieces of information about your setup:

• Which version of 1Password you're running.
    • Which version of the extension you have installed? To check this:

1) Open Vivaldi. Then copy and paste the following text into the browser address bar:

vivaldi://extensions

2) Hit Enter on your keyboard.
      3) You should now see a list of your extensions. The version of the 1Password extension will be listed beside "1Password".

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• cybercon67
    cybercon67
    Community Member

This is extension version, 4.6.6.90

One Password version is,

1Password 6
    Version 6.7.1 (671001)
    AgileBits Store

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

Hi @cybercon67,

When you say automatically in your original post can I confirm what you mean by this please. The reason for asking is while 1Password helps automate the filling of fields, 1Password will not fill fields without any user interaction. Most people use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ while others prefer open and fill which chains two commands together and is typically invoked by clicking on the website field. Browsers have their own autofill and depending on the browser they may fill fields automatically as soon as the page has loaded. We don't do so due to reasons of security. Given both are acceptable uses of the word automatic here I find it's best to ensure we're both using it the word in the same way to avoid confusion.

Along with this, can I ask what happens if you click on the 1Password Browser Extension button in Vivaldi's toolbar? I'm wondering if the 1Password mini menu appears and whether it shows you any matching Login items to the page that is open. These could help us determine if it's a connection issue meaning the extension isn't working at all.

As a positive, I can say our extension works in Vivaldi. It's my primary browser now so if we didn't work I would become aware very quickly :smile:

There would be a good reason it wasn't working if you were running the 1Password beta but the version number you provided, 6.7.1 is our current stable so it eliminates that possibility.

This discussion has been closed.