Set up on iMac only?

Options
Kendrick
Kendrick
Community Member

I will be using 1Password on my iMac, iPad, Macbook and iPhone. When do I have to work from the iMac in getting things set up? I believe that everything cannot be set up from an iPhone, iPad, etc.
Thanks,
Ken

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kendrick,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Are you asking how to set up 1Password on each device? If you already have a 1Password.com account, then all you need to do is download the 1Password app on each device, then set it up by signing into your account. We explain how to do that here: Set up 1Password

Does that help? If I misunderstood your question or you have any trouble with that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• Kendrick
    Kendrick
    Community Member
    Options

Drew,
    Sorry, I did not make myself clear. Do I ever need to go to my iMac for anything in 1Password?

• Kendrick
    Kendrick
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, are any of the features of 1Password only available on the iMac (computer)? Example - Oh, if you want to do this, you have to go to the computer - can't do it on iOS.
    Kendrick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kendrick: It's up to you if you want to use 1Password on your Mac. While the mobile apps are very powerful now, there are some things that only the desktop versions can do, in addition to workflow (some people are more productive on a computer). For example, 1Password can integrate directly with desktop web browsers, and keyboard shortcuts help to make this really efficient as well. Is there something specific you had in mind?

• Kendrick
    Kendrick
    Community Member
    Options

Brent, I would like to know just what can only be done on the desktop. Can you identify those things?
    Regards,
    Kendrick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kendrick: That's pretty vague, but I'll give it a shot. I'm not sure I can give an exhaustive list, as there's a lot of things that can technically be done on mobile as well, just not as easily:

• Direct integration with web browsers
    • Saving and editing web form details
    • Advanced organization and management (tags, search)
    • Advanced security audit features (duplicate/weak passwords)
    • Autosave and Autosubmit
    • Adding files
    • Custom icons

And if I had a better sense of what you're trying to, maybe I could offer more relevant information. :)

This discussion has been closed.