Possible to give wife her own separate vault?

Options
kebarcla
kebarcla
Community Member

I created a vault for my wife on her Mac after upgrading to IPass 6. It's hooked to my Dropbox account, so hers and the primary show up in the vault list. Ideally I'd like to have her access only to her own vault. To do that she would need her own Dropbox account, right? In which case she'd need her own license for IPass 6? Is there any way to have her .agilekeychain be stored locally on her Mac? She never accesses it from anyplace other than her Mac, so syncing isn't needed.

Thanks!
Ken

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi @kerbarcla,

So does she have her own account on that Mac or are you sharing one with her?

To do that she would need her own Dropbox account, right?

She doesn't need her own dropbox account unless she plans on syncing with another device. If you're trying to get rid of the primary vault and have only her's show up then you would need to likely make sure you've got an up to date copy of her data in either an agilekeychain/opvault or 1pif export and then Help -> Troubleshooting -> Reset all 1Password data (with 1Password itself locked). Then upon reaching the setup screen you would pick the agilekeychain/opvault or 1pif export as the source to setup her 1Password with. This will completely disconnect whatever you had previously as the primary vault and her data will be populated into the new primary vault.

In which case she'd need her own license for IPass 6?

She doesn't need her own license for 1Password 6 as you presumably already have one installed on that machine.

Is there any way to have her .agilekeychain be stored locally on her Mac?

The agilekeychain file is strictly for sync, it isn't the primary storage for any of her data.

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

Rudy

• kebarcla
    kebarcla
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy,
    Sorry it took me so long but I finally tried this, and the option you mention, 'Reset all 1Password data ', is greyed-out so I cannot select it. Under the main menu it presents me with the option to delete the secondary vault, but not the primary.
    I disconnected her Mac from Dropbox and deleted Dropbox.
    Do I need to uninstall and re-install 1Pass?

Thanks
    Ken

• kebarcla
    kebarcla
    Community Member
    Options

BTW I have her vault exported to a .pif file so I can import it once I get rid of the primary vault somehow.

• rudy
    Options

@kebarcla,

1Password should be in a locked state when you attempt to use the 'Reset all 1Password data' menu item. This was to prevent people who had access to their current vault from accidentally wiping out their data.

Rudy

• kebarcla
    kebarcla
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy! I finally got everything working.

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Rudy, you're welcome! Let us know if you have some other questions in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.