my old "primary account" shows 403 items but my new subscription account shows 209. Why?

Options
iipennyii
iipennyii
Community Member

some logins are missing on the new subscription

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: OS X 11.6
Sync Type: ?? iCloud??
Referrer: forum-search:new account does not have all information from old account

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iipennyii,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble switching to a 1Password.com account! If you have items in your old/local Primary vault that are missing from your 1Password.com account, then what you'll want to do is move those items from the Primary vault to your account vault (Personal or Private). Once you have all your latest data in your account vault, you can delete the Primary vault to avoid confusion. We have steps to move items here: Move items between vaults

Normally, the easiest thing to do is to select all the items in Primary and move them all to Personal/Private. But if you currently have some of the same (or similar) items in each vault, keep in mind that you'll end up with both copies of those items in the same vault after moving them. If the 403 items in your Primary vault represent all of your latest data, you might want to delete the 209 items from your Personal/Private account vault first, before moving all 403 items from Primary. But if each vault has some data that is missing from the other, you won't want to do that. Instead, you can delete the duplicate copies before moving your items, or you can move the items first and then go through and delete duplicate copies afterwards.

Once you have all your latest data in your Personal/Private account vault, you can delete the old Primary vault to avoid confusion. To do that, switch to the Primary vault and go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menu bar.

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes and if you have questions about that or run into any trouble. Thanks! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iipennyii,

Hope you're also now all good with 1Password on your Mac after getting it sorted out on your new iPad over in this other discussion:

how do I setup or transfer 1Password to my new device

Cheers! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.