To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how do i get my passcode? do not have emergency kit info

anazaria
anazaria
Community Member

Hi
I have the 1password app installed on my iphone, plus have the software on my old PC. Somehow, I do not have y passcode (have my software license), nor do I have the emergency kit. how do I install 1password on my new mac as well.

thank you
ara

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:problem with existing app on iphone - do not have passcode to add mac

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anazaria: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion!

It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL (which are part of the Emergency Kit), or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

I've resent your AgileBits Store license information via email in case you need it, but if you purchased 1Password through the App Store you'll need to install it from your purchase history there to avoid paying for it again. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• anazaria
    anazaria
    Community Member

Hi
    thank you
    I downloaded the mac version and installed. I have 30 day trial.
    In your email I also received my license key, with instructions to select help>enter license key.. This option is not available. when I go to 1Password>License, I can buy one or add license (which it is looking for a file and not a key). How do I go about this?

Thank you
    Ara

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anazaria: Only older versions of 1Password use license keys; the most recent uses a license file, so it sounds like you don't have a license for the current version. You should try a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

And you can try it for free for 30 days to get started. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.