Is this 32bit software old, out of date, can be deleted?

When I used the About This Mac/System Software Report to look for 32 bit applications this report entry was listed. Is this software some old leftover I can delete safely?

1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet:
Version: 36.0.1985.125
Obtained from: Unknown
Last Modified: 8/2/14, 3?58 PM
Kind: Intel
64-Bit (Intel): No
Location: /Users/larry/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk/ Default aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk.app

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: macOS 10.12.5
Sync Type: Familes
Referrer: forum-search:Is this 32bit software old, out of date, can be deleted?

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ozarkcanoer,

Thanks for writing in, that does appear like the 1Password Chrome extension however it looks like it is in the form of a Chrome app rather than a Chrome extension. I'm not sure how that happened. The 1Password Chrome extension itself doesn't store any of your 1Password data and is safe to delete. You should be able to delete it using Chrome itself.

Examining the listing a little closer, the version number stated is actually a Google Chrome version number (36.0.1985.125) which was released back on 2014-07-16. This seems to match with the Last Modified time of the "app". If you are an active user of Google Chrome then it should be automatically updating. If not then you can check if Chrome needs to be updated on Mac with these steps:

1. Open Chrome
    2. From the menubar at the top of your Mac's screen click Chrome > About Google Chrome.
    3. A new tab should open and Chrome will display if it needs to be updated or not.
    4. If it does, it should offer you a button to update and restart Chrome.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.