To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't find Secret Key in iPhone App v5.4.3

chrisduffield79
chrisduffield79
Community Member

I've read the instructions on retrieving secret key. My only avenue is via the App.
I run an iPhone6 with App v5.4.3. The instructions for finding the secret key I can't follow:
"1. Open and unlock 1Password.
2. Choose 1Password > Preferences.
3. Click the Accounts icon, then select your account."

I get stuck at step 2. Where do I find 1Password > Preferences?

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't find secret key on iphone App v5.4.3

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

@chrisduffield79: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You can access the Preferences in 1Password for Mac from the 1Password menu at the top of the screen when using the app, or by pressing ⌘ ,. 1Password for iOS doesn't have "Preferences", but "Settings". But you won't have a Seecret Key in version 5, or if you're using Dropbox to sync your data.

1Password 5 is a few years out of date and does not support 1Password.com accounts, as they did not exist back then. Which OS version are you using? Regardless of 1Password, it's important to stay up to date, as that will allow you to take advantage of all the new features and security improvements...but also allow you to run the latest version of 1Password.

But to be clear, you will not have a Secret Key unless you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s also the only way you’ll have a Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com.

Let me know more about what you're working with and what you're trying to do and we'll figure things out. :)

This discussion has been closed.