Duplicate files in iCloud storage -- old issue; new wrinkle

rmw621
rmw621
Community Member

I have seen instructions in this forum for correcting an instance where iCloud has two 1Password files. I just want to make sure they apply in this case: I'm running 1Password 4 on my Macbook Pro (OS X Yosemite) and on 1Password iOS version 6.7.2 on my iPhone.

Apparently both are syncing to iCloud but not to each other: the Macbook's file is 4MB and the iPhone's file is 2.2MB. Given the version difference, am I still safe using the procedure below (which I found in a previous support answer from October 2015)?

• On both of your iOS devices launch 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Sync Service > Disable Sync.
  • On your Mac launch 1Password and use the menu option Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. This will safely delete the active iCloud sync container.
  • Enter System Preferences > iCloud and delete the other entry for 1Password. This will delete the obsolete iCloud sync contai- ner.
  • Re-enable iCloud Sync first on your Mac and then your iOS devices.

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 4.4.3 for Mac / 6.7.2 for iPhone
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite) and iOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @rmw621 ,

1Password 4 can sync to iCloud, but when 1Password 4 was written, Apple offered a different method of sync. They have since moved to a different method called CloudKit. 1Password on iOS uses CloudKit. As such the two versions can not sync together.

I see though that you are running OS X 10.10.5 - is there a reason you haven't updated to 1Password 6 on your Mac? It will run just fine on OS X 10.10, and you will then be able to sync to iOS version 6.7.2.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.