Two questions about the product for the development team

Options
podkopaev
podkopaev
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Lounge
  1. Do you plan to add the ability to save accounts to receive code for two-factor authentication?

2. When will you completely translate the application and the web version into Russian?

Thank you for attention.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Do you plan to add the ability to save accounts to receive code for two-factor authentication?

@podkopaev: It's not something we're working on currently, but that would certainly be nice. There are a few problems:

Fundamentally different from everything we do to save usernames and passwords, which is triggered by login form submission, TOTP setup generally doesn't have a similar mechanism. Moreover, it would be really bad for 1Password to mistake a TOTP secret for a new password and replace it.

And frankly I've never seen two sites which handle TOTP setup the same way. Sometimes there's a QR code; sometimes there's a text string for the TOTP secret. So right now we're focused on username and password handling, as improvements there benefit everyone.

So for now adding TOTP to logins is a manual process, where we're going to continue using automatically TOTP copy on filling a login to help with this a bit. But this is something we'll continue to explore as well.

When will you completely translate the application and the web version into Russian?

I have no idea. It's definitely on our todo list, and we've been laying groundwork to make translations possible. But it's a long list and not something we're able to do right now, so I can't say when we will have that completed. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you now (and others around the world who are waiting for 1Password.com in other languages), but it's coming in the future.

Thank you for attention.

Likewise, thanks for taking the time to contact us! Great questions. :chuffed:

• podkopaev
    podkopaev
    Community Member
    Options

Did I understand correctly what you wrote? :)
    Are you talking about 2-Factor authentication in the 1pass application?

I'm talking about:

Are you able to add accounts within the application that have two-factor authentication enabled?
    Example: Authy 2-Factor Authentication
    That is, so that you can add the accounts yourself. And open the app to find out the verification code for the account you want.

• Ben
    Options

Ah, yes, that is already possible:

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication - 1Password Support

Sorry for any confusion. :)

Ben

• podkopaev
    podkopaev
    Community Member
    Options

This is very good news!
    Thank you! :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options