To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Accidentally Deleted My 1Password Account

Options
hamkuu
hamkuu
Community Member

I had a terrible experience several hours ago.

Acted on pure curiosity, I upgrade my personal account into family account. But I regretted about it few minutes later.

And I went through the process of deleting the family account.

I soon received an email saying "1Password Families subscription has been canceled. Your account will remain active until the end of your billing period. "

Unfortunately, I cannot access my personal (original) account or the new family account anymore, even with the help of Emergency Kit. Error messages indicate that my account had been deleted.

Luckily, I had backups on my data so data integrity is not my concern.

What concerns me is the billing.

1) Since I subscribed for personal account on March, 2017, if my account is considered "vanished", are there any refund policies that meet my circumstance?

2) I upgraded for Family Account and deleted few minutes later, will I be billed on this Family subscription?

Lastly, I will be appreciated if there is a way to recover my account instead of signing up for a new one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hamkuu
    hamkuu
    Community Member
    Options

I thought after deleting the family account, my original personal account will be preserved. I was wrong and this seems to cost my some dollars.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hamkuu,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. As we may need to discuss some account specific information here I think it would be best if we handle this via email. I've just sent you a message. Please keep an eye out for it.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: HVS-34126-771

This discussion has been closed.