[Feature Request] Swipe to Remove

heubergen
heubergen
Community Member

I would like to see that I can remove an item with a simple swipe like you can remove an email in an email app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heubergen,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feature request! I found your post in our Mac forum, but it sounds like your suggestion might be for the iOS version of 1Password, as swiping gestures like that are much more common on iOS devices than on Macs (on a Mac, you would need to swipe using the mouse or trackpad). I'll be happy to move this discussion to our iOS forum, but wanted to check first to make sure I'm not misunderstanding your request. Just let us know. :)

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Thanks for making sure, I really mean the Mac Version :)

• Huh. I use the Classic layout in Mail so those gestures weren't available to me. I just switched to the non-Classic layout and got to see the gesture support in Mail for the first time. That's pretty neat.

Rick

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

;)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Noooooo. If this is done, please have an option to tune it off. I swipe an email wrong, not the end of the world. Do this to a password, it could be a headache. Yes, you can restore it from trash, but accidents happen too easily with swiping. Sometimes the swipe is too sensitive.

I like that you have to jump though a hoop to delete stuff. It makes you make sure you want to do this. I like how there is a safety net with you software. With families, I like have to type the person name to delete them from the family account. Little stuff like that :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @prime,

You don't need to worry about that: I don't believe we currently have plans to implement swipe gestures in 1Password for Mac, but even if we add that in a future version, we wouldn't want anyone to accidentally delete items so easily. We all use 1Password too, and if it was easy for customers to accidentally delete items, it would be easy for us to do that as well. We do our best to avoid accidental data loss, so I'm sure we would either include an option to turn it off, or support it in such a way that deleting items would only happen if doing so very intentionally. If we added a feature that ended up being problematic for customers, I can't imagine it would get past a beta release.

We definitely appreciate the feedback though - so keep it coming! :)

This discussion has been closed.