1Password not saving passwords of GoDaddy login

Options

1Password addons are not able to save the login password to GoDaddy:

https://sso.godaddy.com/?realm=idp&path=/&app=mya

Settings -> Save new Login has no effect (no window comes up).

I really wonder here as godaddy is such a popular website.

It happens both in the latest Firefox and Chrome (both 64bit).

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @Barky,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! Let's see what is going on.

First of all, I want you to make sure that you have a checkmark next to "Auto-Save Logins" in 1Password extension settings. Here:

If you have it checked, 1Password should prompt you to save your GoDaddy and SipGate credentials automatically (without going to Settings > Save New Login. I was able to do that. GoDaddy:

And SipGate:

Could you please give it a try and let me know how it goes? Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Barky
    Barky
    Community Member
    Options

Greg, when Auto-Save logins is enabled, the popup appears and the login is saved.

But I prefer to have that option disabled, as there are some sites I prefer to remember the password instead of saving it. As I wrote before, saving manually by a click on Settings -> Save new Login has no effect on both sites.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@Barky: While you can certainly do that if you choose, it's something we have to strongly recommend against. A password you can remember and enter manually is likely to also be one you made up yourself and possibly reused, and in all cases this is going to be very weak compared to a randomly generate password, and much easier for someone to guess themselves or with the aid of technology. The whole point of 1Password is that we can use passwords that are infeasible to crack, which are unique to each site, so that someone will not be able to guess them or, in the case of a website breach, use them to access another site.

But keep in mind that you can disable autosave for individual sites in 1Password Preferences > Autosave, if that helps.

You're right that manual save is broken at that URL though. I was able to confirm this and file a bug report. Perhaps we'll be able to find a workaround for that in the future. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPX-1385

• Barky
    Barky
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'm not saving some passwords for extra security. They are fairly random 15 chars, and I'm using Google Authenticator as a second step to these sites.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Barky: That's good. Glad you're taking that extra precaution. I'm just saying that you can improve your security even more by using a randomly-generated password using the maximum length the site allows...and also save yourself the trouble of manually entering it at all. A password you made up yourself is not random. And as you can imagine, manually entering passwords is not something that we're going to design 1Password around.

I've split off the other website issue you've reported into a separate discussion and moved both to the browser filling category of the forum so these get the attention of the appropriate team. I'll reply to the other shortly.

This discussion has been closed.