I have 1 Password on a MBP 15". I just bought a MBP 13'. How do I move my iPassword to the 13"

bertsteele_mac
bertsteele_mac
Community Member

I have 1 Password on my MBP 15". I just bought a MBP 13". How do I move 1Password from the 15" to the new 13"?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1 Password on a MBP 15". I just bought a MBP 13'. How do I move my iPassword to the 13"

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

It does depend on whether you had a stand-alone licence or the newer subscription on the 15 inch. Let us know, and someone will give further advice.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bertsteele_mac,

The short answer is that you'll need to install the 1Password app on your new Mac, open it, and choose one of the options from the 'Welcome' screen. As danco mentioned, the option you choose there will depend on how you're currently syncing your 1Password data (a 1Password.com account, iCloud, Dropbox, etc).

If you paid for the standalone 1Password app from the Mac App Store, you'll need to sign into the same Apple ID in the Mac App Store on your new Mac and reinstall 1Password from the Purchased tab. If you bought a license from our own web store, you'll need to download the 1Password app from our download site. (If you use a 1Password.com account, you can download the app from either the Mac App Store or our download site.)

For help to move your 1Password data to the new Mac, please take a look at this support article: How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.