OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Data transfer.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ram25387,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Since you've posted in our 1Password support forum, I'm assuming you specifically want to know how to sync your 1Password data between your Mac and iPad. In that case, the best/easiest way to do that is with a 1Password.com account, because the data in your account would automatically sync with our own servers (so there are no sync settings to configure). On another device, all you need to do is sign into your account from the 1Password app, and your data will automatically be downloaded there.

For information about that and other sync options, please take a look at this article: Sync your 1Password data

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about 1Password. We're here for you! :)

• Ram25387
    Ram25387
    Community Member

I have been with 1Password a very long time. When this app first came out there was a ( Life Time Membership of $ 50,00 ) for the app in The Apple app store. That was all changed now new the new app. Makes costumers buy into a monthly fee. I was able to accomplish the sync by using ( AIR ~ DROP ) from iMac to iPad ........ I hope my post helps out someone else in Cyberspace. Ram Man

• Hi Ram25387 ,

While AirDrop is a convenient way for one-time transfer of items from one device to another - this will not keep your items in sync. If you update information on one device, it will not automatically update information on another device. We just wanted to make sure you were aware of this.

Just to clarify your comment about memberships, before 1Password.com accounts, AgileBits did not sell memberships. One-time licenses were available for the current version at the time and did not include all apps on other platforms. Also, syncing between devices had to be done through third party services that made things a bit difficult to set up.

Because we develop and maintain the 1Password.com server, with memberships, we're able to offer the apps for all platforms, automatic sync setup, improved document syncing, and other advantages mentioned here: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

If you have any questions on this, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.