Retrieve recent version of a login?

Options

Using my 1Password login, I had signed into MyAccount on the CRA. The site requested the answer to a security question. I supplied it.
Then 1Password popped up with an offer to save the changes and I accepted.
Unfortunately the log in no longer has my username, which I had generated using 1Password and was a long password-like string of gibberish.
So, I cannot log back into the site. CRA website tells me I must sign up all over again for MyAccount with a new user name. It's a pain, took several efforts to get signed up the first time. See http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/psssrvcs/rgstrtn-eng.html
So, is there a way to retrieve previous versions of logins?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Gebo
    Gebo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Neotree,

In your login record within 1password there should be a field or button called 'previously used passwords' - if you look in there, your prior password will be saved and you can just copy it, then edit the login and put it back in the password field and save

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NEOTREE,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help, and I'm sorry to hear about the problem!

Although Gebo's suggestion would help to retrieve a previous password, it sounds like the problem is with the username of that Login item. Unfortunately, previous usernames are not stored like previous passwords.

If you happen to be using a 1Password.com account, it's possible to view and restore previous versions of items. However, it looks like you're using 1Password 4 for Windows and syncing with Dropbox, which means you aren't using a 1Password.com account. But in that case, you might be able to restore the entire vault from a backup by following the steps here: Restore backups of local vaults

Please note that if you've made other changes since the backup was made, you'll want to make a new backup of your current data before restoring from a previous backup.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any questions about that. :)

This discussion has been closed.