Finding and Putting License Code into Updated Version Of 1Password

Options
ANDubin
ANDubin
Community Member

I have my Mac desktop in for repair with old my 1Password info on it. I tried to use my 1password with Firefox this morning on my MacBook Pro but it wouldn't let me use it because i had old Version 3 of 1Password and it said I needed to upgrade to Version 4. 1Password wouldn't let download it from my version 3, so I downloaded a new version from the 1Password website. It showing I have Trail Version for 30 days. I wrote down the previous License Key, but can't find a place to enter it.

What must I do to get this new Version registered with a password, plus what other information they want?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ANDubin: Indeed, this isn't a free upgrade from 1Password 3. But either way 1Password 4 is still very old. 1Password 6 will run on Yosemite and higher (though I'd encourage you to upgrade to EL Capitan or Sierra for free), and is compatible with the latest version of browsers as well. You can get this and all of the other apps with a 1Password.com membership, along with the web interface, and it does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.