how can I save a already created (without 1password) login and its website in 1password

Veronet
Veronet
Community Member

Hello. I have created a password for a web site (without 1password), I now want to save in 1password. What shall I do? When logging into this site, of course 1password does not automatically open to now save the password, I think because I haven't used the password generator of 1password in the first place but created the password by myself. Also when changing the password, 1password does not automatically open. So how can I make 1password to open to save the website and the password in 1password? Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password does not automatically open when logging in

Comments

• Hi @Veronet!

Thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password should offer to save the password for you when you log in, even if it isn't a password that you generated with 1Password. But every website does things a little differently, so sometimes it doesn't notice when you're logging in to a particular site. In these cases (which should be few and far between) you can manually save the login:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

I hope that helps! Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.