When I export a list of servers the password field is coming out empty.

mtatmc
mtatmc
Community Member

When I export server login records most of the fields are blank. I am only getting the name and the category field. I do not get the username, the password, or any tags.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Export of server records does not include passwords

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mtatmc

Thank you for getting in touch with us, I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with 1Password. Could you please give us some more details about what you are experiencing? In particular, could you please tell us how you are exporting your data and/or to what format? This will shed some light on the issue so we can get to the bottom of it :chuffed:

• mtatmc
    mtatmc
    Community Member

I am choosing File > Export > Selected Items.

I am in the Servers category.

The only output to a .txt, .csv, or .1pif file is a line containing the name of the connection and the category name. Nothing else.

Export appears to work fine from the Logins category.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@mtatmc,

Be sure to select All Fields, or add the desired fields to the list of fields that will be exported (you can type-select their names).

• mtatmc
    mtatmc
    Community Member

That does not provide the password either.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2017

@mtatmc ,

There are several different password fields in the Server category. Try exporting All Fields, and check the Include Column Labels box.

Also, I'm using the lastet beta version of 1Password - that might be why it works for me (if the above still does not work for you).

This discussion has been closed.