I just purchased a new MacBook Pro & having issues with launching the 1Password App on it.

mbushnell
mbushnell
Community Member

I have downloaded the 1Password App from the AgileBits site & opened it, received the AgileBits Licenses email & clicked on email link to "Apply your 1PassWord License".
1PassWord opens, and I get a message in the 1PassWord app the I am registered, yet when the app opens, it opens to the registration page.
Please help.

1Password Version: 6.71
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Registering 1Password on new MacBook Pro

Comments

• Hey @mbushnell! Sorry about the confusion there. When it launches, 1Password for Mac should give you the option to sync your existing data once the license is applied, or to create a standalone vault. If you're not seeing those options, could you please post a screenshot of what you do see? If you need any help taking a screenshot, there is a nice guide over here.

Once you have the image, make sure to remove or mask any private info since this is a public forum. Then just attach it to your post by clicking the document icon and clicking Choose Files. Here's what that looks like:

Thanks! :)

• mbushnell
    mbushnell
    Community Member

Thanks for the help Jacob, but I was able to launch 1Password via domnloading the info from my Dropbox account, so I no longer have the issue.
    Mark

• Excellent. Thanks for the update @mbushnell. Glad to hear you were able to get this working.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.