User who created a vault has been deleted, No group permissions on Vault - Can't delete/manage perms

Options

Hello,

Our team has a vault which was created by a now deleted user.
No group permissions were added to the vault, only other individuals were added with restricted permissions.

As the owner of the team - I need to modify permissions / delete the vault.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

<ark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @mark_culhane - Thank you for reaching out to us. As the Owner of the account, you should be able to modify the permissions or delete the vault if needed.

You can do this by signing into the 1Password Teams account, click on the Teams account name in the upper right hand side. Select "Admin Console" from the drop down menu > Click on the "Vaults" tab and select the vault you want to modify from the list. I'll include a screenshot below which will give you better idea on how to delete the vault and manage the permissions. If you click "Manage" under groups or the people section, you will be able to add team members to the vault.

Please note: Make sure you move any data associated with vault before deleting it. You can't recover deleted vaults.

I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to help.

• mark_culhane
    mark_culhane
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank Thanks for the speedy reply.
    For all other Vaults within our team - I have all of these options.
    For one specific vault (DevOps) where the creator of the vault has been deleted, I do not (see pic below).

I assume this is related to the creator of the Vault being deleted - can you offer any further advice?

Thanks again,
    Mark

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mark_culhane: I may be misunderstanding, but have you tried giving yourself access to the vault? In the screenshot it shows "0 groups". Have you tried assigning this vault to you individually, or to an admin group? Were you perhaps not the original Owner of the account? That might complicate things.

• mark_culhane
    mark_culhane
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I have tried to give myself/owners management permissions on vault and am unable. This is because either:
    Case 1 - I cant find the correct way to do it; OR
    Case 2 - I do not have sufficient permissions to do so

The Vault in question was created in 2015 during the teams beta - It appears that the permissions behaviour was different then... Now when any user creates a Vault in the team, the 'Owners' group is given 'Manage Vault' permission. This can not be removed.

The fact that the Vault in question does not have any permission for the 'Owners' group to 'Manage Vault' suggests that something has gone wrong with the permissions.

I believe that the Vault has been orphaned by the deletion of its creator combined with the absence of any permission for the 'Owners' group.

I want the Vault deleted and I think I will need assistance to do that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mark_culhane: Thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry for all the trouble! At this point, the best thing to do would be to shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here. We'll need to get the UUID for the vault in question to investigate the cause and come up with a solution for you. Any background information on ownership you can provide may help as well. Thanks for your patience. We'll get to the bottom of this!

This discussion has been closed.