To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to import passwords on doc?

Options
BAMvsGAME
BAMvsGAME
Community Member

essentially title, need to import passwords from a document but don't see the option in 1password. it just offers ways for previous 1password vaults. Any way for me to do this in bulk so I don''t have to add them individually?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@BAMvsGAME: I'm not sure that's possible, as 1Password would have no way of knowing what's what in that file (even if it could read the file format). But if you have a plaintext (CSV) export or spreadsheet, you may be able to use @MrC 's converter to get it into a usable format for import into 1Password.

• BAMvsGAME
    BAMvsGAME
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip, i'll check it out once i'm back from vacation @brenty. Might just have to sit down one day and enter all their passwords in if it doesn't work out.

• Ben
    Options

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Also, we have this guide which may be handy when trying to massage the data for import:

How to create a 1Password compatible CSV file - 1Password Support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome! Sounds good. Have an awesome vacation, and please reach out if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.