I have to authorize 1Password each time I open Safari on my new iMac

ronmcroy
ronmcroy
Community Member

My new (just days old) iMac is running Sierra 10.12.5, the latest Apple operating system, as my old iMac was. I'm running 1Password6.7.1. I transferred all my data from my old iMac with very few problems, and the 1Password Safari Extension operates normally once I authorize it, but I have to do it each time I open Safari. What's up?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have to authorize 1Password each time I open Safari on my new iMac

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@ronmcroy: Are you (or something else) clearing data in Safari, or do you have "security" software that may be preventing 1Password from writing the auth file to disk? We've seen this since it includes encrypted data, and some apps don't like that. When you authorize the 1Password extension, it creates a token and saves it to disk so it doesn't have to repeat the authorization process each time. Otherwise, it may simply be a glitch with Safari, and removing and installing a fresh copy of the extension may help. Let me know what you find!

• ronmcroy
    ronmcroy
    Community Member

It appears that the problem was a bug in the Safari browser that was downloaded during the transfer of data from my old iMac to my new one, a few days ago. I worked this out with an Apple tech advisor yesterday, and my problem with 1Password – and many problems – was corrected up by clearing my Safari "History" cache. Thank you for your response.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear that Apple was able to help you get Safari whipped back into shape. Enjoy your weekend! We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.