Consolidating Multiple Vaults into One

meteor71
meteor71
Community Member

I installed 1Password on my iPhone, PC, and now Mac in that order. After installing 1Password on my Mac, I established an account at 1Password.com. As a result of all of this, I find that I now have two vaults entitled "Primary" and "Personal". I believe that the "Personal" vault was established when I set up my 1Password.com account and the "Primary" account was likely established when I installed 1Password on my PC (NOTE: I am migrating from my PC to my Mac and am trying to move my data over.) I am able to sync my "Primary" vault with iCloud and my "Personal" vault with Dropbox where a 1Password.agilekeychain file now resides (NOTE: There is no such file residing on my iCloud Drive). After reviewing your FAQs, I was able to copy the three additional items that the "Personal" vault contained (e.g., the Welcome to 1Password! note) over to the "Primary" vault. Also, now I find that I have a 1Password vault as a result of all my syncing activities. My question is this how can I consolidate all of my data into one (or possibly two if you include the 1Password vault) vault and would that be a desirable thing to do? It appears that whenever I create a new logon for 1Password to remember, it is assigned to the "Personal" vault and while both of my vault are in sync at present, I am concerned that that may not be true in the future and I am not familiar enough with the design of 1Password to know the best way to proceed. Please advise as to how I can resolve this issue.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: macOS 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud or Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Multiple vaults

Comments

• Hi @meteor71 ,

The "Primary" vault is the vault established if you set up 1Password without logging into your account. The vault you wish to use is "Personal" - that vault belongs to your account and will automatically sync between your devices. So, I recommend moving all of your items into the Personal vault. When you have done that, you no longer need to sync with iCloud or Dropbox - it'll all be done automatically through your account.

If you have further questions on this, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• meteor71
    meteor71
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Kevin,

Thanks for your recommendation. I wasn't sure how to proceed since it appeared that 1Password had changed its configuration (i.e., gone from a local vault to a web-based vault) since I had initially purchased it for my PC. Your recommendation makes perfect sense and I am going to re-tailor my account accordingly.

• Glad to hear it's sorted out.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.