How do I generate new password using mac 1password app?

nexgen
nexgen
Community Member

I often use mac 1password app. However, I noticed there's no password generator in the app. If I need to generate a password I need to leave the app, goto chrome and use the password generator from there. Is there any easy way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nexgen,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! There is actually a password generator in 1Password for Mac. I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble finding it. This guide should be helpful:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

Please let us know how it turns out!

Ben

• nexgen
    nexgen
    Community Member

The password generator is in the chrome extension. I was talking about the Mac App.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nexgen

I'm sorry for the confusion. The easiest way to use the generator is to use 1Password mini, in your tool bar so you don't need to go to chrome:

If you rather not use 1Password mini you can generate a new 1Password by creating a new item of the type "Password" or "Login" clicking on the bottom left corner. A new random password will be created while clicking on the icon by the end of the password:

Please let us know if you have any questions and if either of these options are what you're looking for :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.