Reset iCloud Data Error: Cloudkit Access Was Denied By User Settings

MrMojoOne
MrMojoOne
Community Member

iCloud syncing wasn't working among 1 Mac and 2 iOS devices. I finally decided to resort to resetting the iCloud data after determining that all the data I want to retain resides on my Mac. When I tried to reset iCloud Data I got this error message:

I went through the steps 1-5 at https://support.1password.com/icloud-troubleshooting/. I think that the problem may have been caused by this action in Step 5 on my Mac: After I set "Sync primary vault to none" a drop-down window immediately appeared. One of the options was to delete the data from iCloud. Since that step was not detailed on the linked webpage, I didn't click the button. I went on to Troubleshooting>Reset iCloud Data.

Both iOS devices have syncing disabled. Strangely, when I double-checked my iPhone the Sync icon is spinning as if syncing is in progress.

And that's that!

1Password Version: 6.7 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Reset iCloud Data Error: Cloudkit Access Was Denied By User Settings

Comments

• Hi @MrMojoOne

Do you have iCloud Drive enabled on the Mac in question?

Unfortunately as is mentioned in that troubleshooting article we’re unable to troubleshoot issues with iCloud beyond the steps outlined in the article. If you’ve tried everything in the article and are still unable to sync, please switch to a more reliable sync method.

I do apologize that we're not able to do more in terms of troubleshooting syncing with iCloud.

Ben

• MrMojoOne
    MrMojoOne
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Ben, iCloud drive is enabled on the Mac.

I assume that the password data is safe on my Mac. I'm only interested in getting back to square one with 1Password operating on my Mac and safely disconnected from iCloud. Then I can deal with syncing options.

• Understood. Yes, regardless of how you sync your data is stored locally separate from the sync data. If you disable syncing with iCloud your data will still be available.

Ben

• MrMojoOne
    MrMojoOne
    Community Member

Where exactly is the 1Password data stored on a Mac? I want to make certain that the data is included in my local and online backup sets. I've located the backups but I have been unable to find info about the location of the original data file(s) other than the old AgileKeychain.

• @MrMojoOne : assuming you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password (which seems to be what you posted a screenshot of), then it should be in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/ (don't let the 4 fool you, it's still current... i could write a novel about why that 4 still exists there).

Rick

This discussion has been closed.