The JWK's "d" member defines an octet string of length 31 bytes but should be 32

ChristofferP
ChristofferP
Community Member

When logging into my account on 1Password while using Google Chrome this error appears. I cannot resolve it in any way except switching to another browser, thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChristofferP: Do you mean that you're seeing this error when trying to login to 1Password.com in your browser? I'm not familiar with this error, and since you're posting in the 1Password for Mac forum I wanted to double check.

Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• ChristofferP
    ChristofferP
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Unfortunately the option to import an image doesn't work either... just shows border-top and no content or anything else. It's like this chat window is pushed to the front like z-index.
    Tried to attach image in both firefox and chrome, might be on my end?

Here is imgur with error: http://i.imgur.com/czmiaqJ.png

• Thanks for that @ChristofferP. This is a known issue with using Chrome to access 1Password.com in some cases. Our developers are working on a solution, but I couldn't say when a fix will be implemented. The only workaround I'm aware of at this point is to use a different browser.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

Ben

ref: B5-2278

• ChristofferP
    ChristofferP
    Community Member

Thanks!
    Yes the only solution to my problem has been to use another browser, so I will continue doing this while waiting for a fix!

• I'm glad that's an option at least.

Cheers.

Rick

• MickeyNMinnie
    MickeyNMinnie
    Community Member

I can also confirm this is also a problem in Opera.

Problem: Logging into family account.
    Error message:
    "Cannot sign in.
    The JWK's "d" member defines an octet string of length 31 bytes but should be 32"

Software:
    Version: 46.0.2597.57 (PGO) - Checking for updates…
    Update stream: Stable
    System: Windows 10 64-bit

Webpage:
    1Password
    Version 379
    © 2017 AgileBits, Inc. All rights reserved. 317 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V1P9, Canada.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MickeyNMinnie: I'm sorry for the trouble. Indeed, since Opera is based on Chrome it is generally affected by similar bugs. We should have a workaround available shortly.

This discussion has been closed.