Delegate authority away from Owner/Admin?

Options
jeff2000
jeff2000
Community Member

Hi. We have a Teams account and are trying to figure out some permissions please. Currently our Teams account is more or less a couple of sub-departments under 1 department. So we don't mind that the 2 owners/administrators can see all vaults.

Another department wants to join our team though.

I see there are some permissions about "allow administrators to manage this vault" etc. But in my testing I still cannot figure out a way to completely delegate authority away from Owners/Administrators for a vault to someone else in a completely different department. So that owners/admins could not add themselves. Is this not possible?

Maybe they just need their own Teams account? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Jeff, thanks for your message. We are very interested in how companies scale with 1Password and some of the growing pains so any feedback there is welcome.

When creating a vault Admins have manage access by default but this can be deselected. Team Owners however have manage permission to all vaults in their team and this can not be changed.

If you are looking for a new department to join that doesn’t share resources then setting up a new team sounds like the best answer. They’ll be able to specify their own Owners and Admins with the most flexibility in terms of setup.

Like I mentioned scaling with 1Password is very important to us so please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.