1Password Master Password suddenly stopped working

kboyd
kboyd
Community Member

I have been using 1Password since July 7, 2016. I have the browser extension on chrome and the application on my MacBook Pro. It is currently up to date. Today I can't log into 1Password through the Chrome extension, through the application on my laptop, or through the online portal. I am certain I am typing it correctly, and even tried copying and pasting it.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @kboyd,

Did you use a different email address than the one you registered with on the forums? I don't see any 1Password.com accounts in the system so that could explain that portion of the equation.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Rudy

• kboyd
    kboyd
    Community Member

I used the same email address when I registered on the forum as the one that I use for 1Password.
    I have created a Diagnostics Report and sent it to the address you mentioned.
    Here is the Support ID number I received from the BitBot assistant: #EYM-81427-452
    Thank you for your help!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@kboyd: Thanks for sending over your diagnostics report, they are incredibly helpful. I've just replied to your message so that we can continue our troubleshooting over email.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

ref: EYM-81427-452

This discussion has been closed.