Randomly Reverting Back to 1Password 6.5.3 from 6.7

_onepass3_
_onepass3_
Community Member

Hello all,

1Password has been randomly reverting back to 1Password 6.5.3 on my Macintosh. I have installed 6.7, but after a few days, I receive a notification by email that my version is old, and I must update. I update the program on my computer, and then a few days later the cycle repeats.

Is there any way to prevent this behavior? I am stumped.

Thanks,

Matt

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    edited July 2017

onepass3,

Did you happen to open up 1Password in your ~/Downloads folder at some point, the behavior you're describing sounds suspiciously like you're being bitten by a macOS 10.12 feature called App Translocation, by which it relocates the binary to a read-only disk image that is mounted when you try to run 1Password.

You should be able to confirm this by opening Terminal.app and typing df followed by the return key. If you are being Translocated you should see an entry in the output that on the left side references 1Password and on the right side under the Mounted On column it should have a /private/var/folders/randomness/AppTranslocation/more randomness.

To fix this you'll want to make sure you quit both main and mini, delete the copy of 1Password from the Downloads folder and install the latest version from https://1password.com/downloads into your /Applications folder.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.