To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Which account to trial?

Options
binandgeoff
binandgeoff
Community Member

Hi. My husband and I have: 1 iMac, 2 ipads and 2 iphones. We have separate Apple ID's but share one Dropbox account. We share all of our passwords etc, using a single log in for most things (like Amazon etc). I am not sure what the advantage of 1Password Families would be if we share everything. Many thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Passsword or 1Password Famillies?

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

You honestly can get way with the 1Password single account then ($2.99 a month). Some people do this, just get the single subscription and share all passwords between the 2 people.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @binandgeoff! Welcome to the forums :chuffed:

@prime is somewhat right, you can indeed both "share" an individual account if you choose to; however there are some important advantages that come with a Families account compared to an individual account.

For example, by having a Families account with two members, you get to take advantage of our account recovery feature; with both yourself and your husband set up as owner members of a Families account, if either of you forget your sign-in details for the account, the other person can reset those details - that's not possible with a single-member individual account.

Also, you get a bit more flexibility in terms of how you organise your data. You mentioned that you both have separate Apple IDs; if you have any other credentials that are separate (e.g., separate email addresses, etc.), then a Families account will allow you to keep those details separated if you wish. A Families account will also give you flexibility if you need to share an item with another family member or friend - you can simply invite them as a guest to your account, and they can access just the items you choose to share with them.

As a suggestion - why not trial both account types? All our accounts come with a 30-day trial period, so you could test a Families account, and test an individual account, and see which one is the best fit for your needs!

I hope that helps! :+1:

ref: PSN-51252-786

This discussion has been closed.